Learning that you are the target of a federal investigation or that you are facing federal criminal charges is often shocking. Whether you have made a mistake that you did not consider serious or believe that you are innocent of the allegations levied against you, now is the time to prepare for the federal court process ahead.
First Step: Get a Lawyer
The realization of federal charges can be paralyzing. However, you have to act quickly and intelligently, as your future may depend on it.
Hiring an attorney should be your first step. Do your own research about federal criminal defense attorneys but know that the Lento Law Firm is an option. Attorney Joseph D. Lento and his team:
- Provide criminal defense services in Pennsylvania, and we are familiar with the state's Eastern and Middle District courts
- Handle a wide array of federal case types, including sexual abuse, domestic violence, white-collar crime, assault and battery, child abuse, cybercrimes, fraud, drug crimes, forgery, and tax evasion offenses
- Have relevant experience in federal court cases, which every defendant seeking an attorney should look for
- Will fight for the best possible case outcome for you
Our firm provides personalized defense. We understand that the details of your defense are most important, and we will put in the time, energy, and legwork necessary to build a robust defense. We also know that you and your loved ones may be anxious and uncertain about the process ahead. The Lento Law Firm offers compassionate representation so that we can ease your mind during a distressing time in your life.
How an Attorney Will Help with the Federal Court Process Ahead
Our team can first explain the federal court process in Pennsylvania. We have guided countless clients through this process, so we know what to expect. We can also explain the challenges that are likely to arise throughout your case.
Once we have answered your questions and explained what to expect, we will get to work on your defense. Expect us to handle every element of your defense, including:
- Learning your goals for your case, including whether you want to fight the charges outright or whether you are willing to consider a plea agreement
- Collecting all case-related evidence
- Interviewing any witnesses who may participate in your case
- Filing case-related motions, potentially including a motion to dismiss the charges against you
- Communicating with the prosecutor in your case, exploring the possibility of a plea agreement, and negotiating a fair offer if you are open to a plea bargain
- Preparing you for every stage of the federal court process
- Accompanying you to every case-related event, including your initial appearance, arraignment, preliminary hearing, trial, sentencing (though we hope to avoid this), and appeal-related proceedings (we hope to avoid this stage, too)
Put simply, we will fight for a dismissal of the charges against you. If a dismissal is not a realistic possibility, we will seek the least damaging case outcome possible.
Federal Charges Mean That You Are Up Against Substantial Resources
You must view the case against you realistically. You are not dealing with local or state law enforcement. You are facing charges from the federal government of the United States of America.
Federal law enforcement and prosecutors have seemingly endless resources at their disposal. The investigation that led to your charges may have been comprehensive, well-funded, and long-running. The prosecution of your case may be similarly intimidating, and you may be facing seasoned, experienced, and tenacious federal prosecutors.
You should have an attorney with experience, resources, and determination to secure the best possible outcome for you. Attorney Joseph D. Lento is ready to assist you, and there is never time to waste when federal charges are in play.
As you familiarize yourself with the federal court process in Pennsylvania's Eastern and Middle Districts, know that you are not alone. The Lento Law Firm will be by your side, advising and advocating for you regardless of how challenging your case becomes.
Call the Lento Law Firm today at 888-535-3686 to discuss your case. You can also submit your case details online.