A person facing criminal charges in Lehigh County will be under the jurisdiction of the Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas, located in Allentown, PA. This court holds jurisdiction over any and all matters of law within the county's townships and boroughs. the Lehigh County Criminal Court Division is responsible for bringing any accused persons through the criminal justice process, from arraignment all the way through sentencing, which may include probation and parole.
Lehigh County Criminal Defense
When you are facing criminal charges in Lehigh County, it can feel like your world is crashing down. Criminal charges are often highly complex in nature and carry severe consequences. For these reasons, your freedom and rights should only be left in the hands of an experienced and capable attorney who will stand up for you when the stakes are high. Joseph D. Lento has had extensive experience practicing law in Lehigh County. A sample of his experience is reflected in following areas:
- DUI: Driving Under the Influence of alcohol or drugs is a common crime seen in the courtrooms of Pennsylvania. While these cases may seem simple in nature, the reality is that they are complex, and many times, riddled with errors in evidence collection performed by law enforcement. An attorney can help leverage such mistakes and strongly defend against DUI charges.
- Traffic Violations: While some mistakenly believe that traffic violations are harmless beyond a fine, these offenses can add up, and may even result in loss of license, or high insurance premiums. The services of a defense attorney can help.
- Drug Offenses: When a person is accused of possessing or delivering drugs, the Lehigh County District Attorney's Office will often press for a quick resolution, and will expect an easy conviction. However, like any criminal case, there may be weaknesses in the prosecution's case, and a practiced criminal defense attorney can take advantage of these weaknesses to bolster a strong defense.
- Violent Crime: Crimes that involve any bodily injury or harm to a person with or without the use of a weapon fall under the category of violent crime. As would be expected, these crimes are prosecuted vigorously.
- Sex Crimes: Sex crimes are treated with a high degree of severity by the courts. Mounting defenses to these crimes often requires a deft, experienced hand to avoid what can potentially be lifetime consequences.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence is an emotional and complex branch of law that can stretch beyond the realm of criminal court. A defense attorney can help you negotiate these matters.
- Property Crimes: Theft, trespassing, vandalism, and the like all fall under the blanket of property crimes. These crimes can at times be difficult to defend against, however, a well-practiced attorney will always strongly defend against such charges.
- Juvenile Offenses: Committing a juvenile crime in Lehigh County can have profound consequences for the young person and his or her family. An attorney experienced with Lehigh County Juvenile Court can help during a difficult in a family's life.
- White Collar Crime: Crimes that involve matters such as fraud, embezzlement, and forgery are commonly known as "white collar" crimes, as they deal with financial information and often disputed large amounts of money. These crimes require a strong defense and are best left to an experienced attorney.
- Expungements/Record Sealing: Once a person has concluded any sentencing assigned by the court, they may be eligible to expunge or seal their records. An attorney can help make the expungement process successful.
- Violation of Probation: If a person has been convicted of a crime, they may be offered probation, however, negotiating terms and violations can be difficult. A defense attorney can help.
Lehigh County Criminal Defense Attorney | Criminal Defense Lawyer in Allentown
Joseph D. Lento passionately defends clients in Lehigh County and has represented countless clients in diverse criminal matters. He does not settle for the easiest outcome and instead prioritizes his clients' well-being. If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges in Allentown or Lehigh County, PA, contact attorney Joseph D. Lento today.