Facing criminal charges in Chester County is a serious matter. The Chester County Court of Common Pleas pursues any and all criminal charges through its criminal division. The court sees all cases from the initial arraignment all the way through to any probation and parole measures, when necessary. The criminal justice process can be both intimidating and frustrating, and defendants have a lot at stake, no matter what the charge is.
Criminal Defense in Chester County
Being charged with a crime in Chester County, or any jurisdiction can feel like the end of the world. While Chester County does offer services of a public defense team, many times, a public defender will be unable to spare the time, attention, and dedication that a private attorney can easily provide. Criminal defense attorney Joseph d. Lento has extensive experience in Pennsylvania criminal law. His prior experience includes defending cases of:
- Drug Charges: Pennsylvania law prohibits the sale and usage of marijuana and a number of other drugs. A person can be charged with a crime if they are found with any quantities of drugs. A defense attorney can help make the court an even playing field.
- Violent Crime: Violent crimes involve any degree of bodily harm inflicted on a person, with or without the use of a weapon. These crimes typically have defendants facing increased sentencing and require heavy analysis.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence charges will typically arise from snap judgments from a police officer. Defending against these crimes requires time and a practiced approach.
- Sex Crimes: When a person is charged with a sex crime, there is much at stake. Heavy sentencing and registry as a sex offender will follow a conviction. These charges necessitate a strong defense.
- Property Crimes: Crimes such as theft or vandalism will fall under the category of property crimes. jA defense attorney can help a person's chances in court against these crimes.
- DUI: When a night out takes an unexpected turn for the worst, criminal charges may follow. An experienced DUI attorney can help defend against these charges.
- Traffic Offenses: While traffic offenses may seem harmless, help from an attorney can significantly reduce the effect these offenses have on a person's record.
- White Collar Crimes: Embezzlement, forgery, and fraud are all examples of what is commonly known as "white collar" crime. These situations are often complicated by their nature and required a deft approach.
- Juvenile Offenses: Committing a juvenile crime in Chester County can have profound consequences for the young person and his or her family. An attorney experienced with Chester County Juvenile Court can help during a difficult time in a family's life.
- Expungements/Sealing Records: When enough time has passed from an arrest or a conviction, a person may expunge or seal the record. This process can be frustrating, and an attorney can help.
- Violation of Probation/Parole: When a person is offered probation or parole as part of their sentencing, it can be a delicate situation, and any accusations of violations will only make it worse. An attorney can help navigate this process.
If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges in Chester County, contact attorney Joseph D. Lento today.