Drug charges in Lancaster County, PA can stem from a variety of different specific charges, all of which may carry significant criminal penalties. This includes the potential for years in prison and very high fines. Thanks to America's war on drugs, prosecutors and judges take these cases very seriously, and it can result in excessive charges against you.
No matter the circumstances of your case, an experienced Lancaster County Drug Defense attorney has the skill and knowledge necessary to create a defense to your charges best suited to protect your constitutional rights. You don't have to face this difficult time by yourself.
Drug Charges in Lancaster County, PA
There are a variety of different specific drug charges under Pennsylvania law. This means that prosecutors will charge what they think they can stick on you, but the charge may not be appropriate to the facts of your case. What you require is a knowledgeable attorney like Joseph D. Lento who is familiar with PA drug charges and can build a defense unique to your case.
Drugs are identified under "schedules" which determine their potential for abuse. Penalties are often tied to the seriousness of the drug involved. Drugs that are commonly involved in criminal charges include, but are not limited to:
- GHB (date rape drugs)
- Oxycodone, Vicodin, or Percocet
Drug Offenses and Penalties in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania law covering the regulation of drugs is located in 35 P.S. §§780-101-780-144. It is commonly known as the Pennsylvania Controlled Substance, Drug, Device, and Cosmetic Act. Below are just a few of the more common charges and penalties you could be facing:
- Intentionally or knowingly having actual or constructive possession of any materials or equipment used for cultivating, growing, storing, manufacturing, injecting, inhaling, or containing any Pennsylvania controlled substance.
- Misdemeanor offense
- Maximum of 1 year in prison
- Maximum of $2,500 fine
- Selling or purchasing controlled substances, or importing or delivering illegal drugs in the state or across national or state borders
- Maximum of 1 year of prison and $1,000 fine if a Schedule V drug
- Maximum of 3 years of prison and $10,000 fine if a Schedule IV drug
- Maximum of 5 years in prison and $15,000 fine for any Schedule I, II, or III drug not listed below
- Maximum of 10 years in prison and $100,000 fine if 1,000 pounds or more of PCP, meth, cocaine and its derivatives, or marijuana
- Maximum of 15 years in prison and $250,000 fine for Schedule I or Schedule II narcotic like heroin
- Intentionally or knowingly having possession of any controlled substance without being licensed or registered as a practitioner
- Up to 1 year in prison
- Up to a $5,000 fine
Consult a Lancaster County Drug Defense Attorney
If you face drug charges in Pennsylvania, Attorney Joseph D. Lento has the skills necessary to build you a defense uniquely tailored to the facts of your case.
If you have been arrested and charged with drug charges in Pennsylvania, an experienced Lancaster County Drug Defense attorney will fight for your constitutional rights. Call (888) 535-3686 or contact us online today to schedule a consultation of your case.